Thursday, July 28, 2011

Good days ... bad days

A lot of you read my depression posts, and I'm grateful for that.  I hope they help you have more compassion for yourself and for others.  We all have good days and bad days.  Some people's bad days are like other people's good ones ... because we all perceive and deal with the world differently.

I have to say that my bad days now - knowing what I do about my particular brand of mood disorder and micor-managing it the way I do - are what my good days used to be like.  Before I understood my problem, it's affect on me and the world around me, I didn't realize how bad it was.  I still "feel" the same.  I don't feel like my personality has changed - but I know my interaction with the world has.  And I'm grateful for that.  I'm grateful that now I can usually sense when I'm having a bad day and not just blunder through life not knowing that all of the days were worse than they needed to be.

And I was never as bad as many people get.  There were only a couple of times in my life when I was rendered non-functioning from all of this.  Some people are like that all of the time. 

Although I'm an expert on ME and MY problems, I'm not an expert on anyone else's.  I don't know how anyone else feels or how different their perception of the world is from mine.  But I do understand that I don't know it all and that compassion goes a long way to allowing us all to function as best we can.

Enjoy your good days.  Know that your bad days are probably as good as some people ever get.  And as often as you can, be compassionate and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.