Friday, July 22, 2011

Motherhood

Every once in a while I read a blog post that I want to share.  Today is one of those days. 

This post about motherhood says a lot of things that every person contemplating parenthood should read.  Being pregnant, giving birth, being a parent (but, I think, being a mother in particular) is hard.  Really hard.  Really super amazing and life changing.  Really growth-inducing.  Really, really good for you.  But REALLY HARD. 

Anyone who goes into motherhood thinking that it's all giggles and goos and love and pretty clothes is in for a rude awakening.  It's life.  Real life.  It's messy and ugly and beautiful.  And it's totally worth it.  But don't do it until you're ready for it.

If you feel so inclined, please read the post.  She said an awful lot of things that reflect how I experienced motherhood.  It's good to know you aren't alone.

http://lusaorganics.typepad.com/clean/2011/07/what-i-did-not-know-reflections-on-motherhood-.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lusaorganics+%28Clean.%29

1 comment:

  1. Love this post - and thank you for introducing me to this other wonderful blogger! I would like to share your post on my facebook page. I truly wish someone had 'gotten real' with me, when I was pregnant for the first time. It would have made all of those crazy, unexpected feelings a lot easier to understand, and perhaps deal with. It WAS hard, it was hell, and it was heaven.... but when you're going through hell, sometimes you don't see the heaven until looking back in perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.