Saturday, November 26, 2011

Back to the Start

Thanks to my friend, Laura, for sharing this with me on Facebook. 


I've heard about Chipotle Mexican Grill.  We don't have them here in Alberta, but they are a fast food Mexican restaurant in the U.S. and they are working on providing healthy, local food in a fast food venue.  They buy some of their meat from Polyface Farms which is owned and operated by Joel Salatin - a man whose most recent book, "Folks, This Ain't Normal" is currently on my bedside table.  It's wise and totally what I believe in:


Other books you should read:  "In Defence of Food" by Michael Pollan; "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver.

Let's remember what's important and how fragile our gigantic system actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.