Thursday, November 17, 2011

Culture and Music

I've been truly blessed in this life to be involved in research projects that have expanded my horizons and allowed me insight into other cultures - insights that many people never get to have.

I was fortunate when I lived in Texas to get to do some research on a site that had African-American slaves on it.  I looked into the African-American use of crystals in spiritual practice.  It was fascinating.  I now have a personal connection to that particular culture that I never would have had, had I not done that research. 

Currently, I'm working research in the Arctic, which I mentioned the other day.  I'm not going to pretend that I now know what it's like to be Inuit or African-American, but the more you learn about another culture, the more accepting you are and the more open to other groups of people.  I see it as only being a good thing.

I'm also musical and music is an important part of my life.

So interesting that my sister this week has sent me links to musical clips regarding Inuit and African Americans.  The first I posted here.  Today, I'll share the African-American one - and a little musical theory thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.