Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Well, today is Thanksgiving for those neighbours of ours to the south.  Happy Thanksgiving, Americans.

I'm not feeling particularly thankful today.  I have a miserable cold.  The week I was supposed to spend working has been spent working, but also hacking and just not feeling good.  But that's life.  What I am thankful for is that it isn't 2 years ago when I pretty much had one continual cold for the entire winter (thanks to my son being in grade 1!).  So my immune system is better than it was.

A dear friend of mine is also dealing with some shit - verging on mental illness - which is not in the repetoire of my friend.  This is new.  And worrisome.  But I am thankful that there are doctors and medication and ways to deal with it.  And I am thankful for the knowledge to be able to help.

I'm missing my son something terrible.  But I am thankful that he is safe, and somewhere tropical and magical and having a great time.  And I'm thankful that I'll get to hold him in my arms come Saturday. 

So I'm bummed ... but that doesn't mean that I'm not grateful for what I have or for what the future holds.  Life is one great ride, isn't it?  Just right now I'm in a flat part of it.

I hope all my American friends have a lovely day with family and food and happy conversations.  Enjoy today.  None of us knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.