Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Treats

A few years ago I saw this recipe on T.V.  I don't remember where, but I really love it.  It's relatively healthy and still really tasty and chocolate-y.

I made some today.  I don't even have a name for them.  Maybe someone can come up with a good one.  They are remeniscent of Turtles, but not as sugar-filled.

So here it is:

You need:
Dates (pitted)
Cashews (whole, unsalted)
Chocolate - I used the melty patties for this one, but you can upgrade and get a good type of chocolate, too.


Step One - melt chocolate over low heat in a double boiler



Step Two - shove a cashew inside each date



Step Three - coat each cashew-stuffed date with the chocolate and sit on parchment paper - then cool in the fridge.


Don't eat too many, they're still chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.