Saturday, December 10, 2011

Clothing Find - for my fashion friends

Stopped in at the Sally Ann the other day (no, I don't spend a lot of time there, but felt drawn) and found something interesting. 

I don't normally look at the clothes, but I did this time and found this:



It is wool and mohair with what I think is a real fur collar.  It needs some work - the buttons are all falling off and the collar needs to be re-attached.  The liner is ripped in the armpits and a couple of other places (I could patch them if I can find a suitable fabric) but the coat is solid and obviously well made.  I'm pleased.

I'm guessing late '50s or early '60s.  Any more knowledgable people know for sure?

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute! What a great score. I would say 50's. Are the sleeves full length or cropped?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.