Monday, December 26, 2011

Gratitude for Christmas

Christmas is a crap shoot.  Sometimes it comes with a great many emotional ups and downs.  A lot of the time there is good and bad and I'm relieved when it's over.  This year has been nothing but peaceful.  And I am grateful ... VERY grateful.  And I wonder if it has something to do with my mental state (not so much a wonder, really - a realization is more like it).

I've been feeling particularly balanced the past 2 weeks.  Reducing my workload, cleaning my house, focusing on me for a while with exercise and a little too much baking and eating - it all combined to help me be more balanced (by the way, sugar no longer seems to be irritating my anxiety and depression  .A year ago I couldn't eat an M&M without becoming irrationally sad - now I can pig out on chocolate and not a flinch ... I now need to lose some weight, though).  So no doubt this all helped.

I've been doing a few other spiritual (New Age, if you will) things that I'm not ready yet to share on the blog - and those have been helping a lot, too, I think.

So all in all, I'm feeling good.  And because of that, Christmas vacation with my In-Laws has been very relaxing and nice.  Time to exercise, read, rest, best sleeps I've had in a long time.  I haven't been over-reacting to little comments or looks that never mean anything but sometimes send me into the void.  This is wonderful.  And teaches me something important.  Life needs less stress on a regular basis.  Let's see if I can manage that in the New Year.

For all of you, I hope you've had a nice Christmas with family and friends.  And I hope you're feeling as balanced as I have been.  If you have not, I wish it for you in the future!

Of course, there are still a few days left until the regular routine sets back in ... lots of time for things to teeter off the balance point - but let's hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.