Friday, December 9, 2011

More Christmas Treats

Was watching "Unwrapped" on the Food Network yesterday and this woman made a chocolate-mousse-in-a-chccolate-cup thing so I thought I'd try it. 

Chocolate cups are not easily found in our little town, so I decided to make my own using parchment paper cups (found at Safeway):


Just cover the parchment paper (mini which are about 2 inches in diameter at the rim) in melted dark chocolate (melted in a double boiler on low - if it's too high, it will not work) - just use a spoon and spread it around - and then put in the fridge (when they are set, just peel off the paper cups):


Then, for the filling, fold whipped cream (with a Mousse powder) together with melted chocolate and pipe into the cups (I spooned this one, but I'll pipe the rest) and decorate with white chocolate leaf (made in a mould, but you can buy them, too, I think - and can use whatever type of chocolate you like - I thought white would make a nice contrast):


Yummy Chocolate!

1 comment:

  1. I did this a few years back with peanut butter and chocolate mouse. I melted peanut butter chips to coat the cupcake cups and then filled them with a chocolate mousse. They were good - and easier than I thought they'd be!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.