Friday, December 16, 2011

Vacation Shots

I've had two friends recently go to Mexico.  In looking through their gorgeous vacation pictures (I'm jealous, by the way), a couple stuck out.  So here you go ... see if you can decide why I chose these ones in particular.

By Jimmy Thomson

By Shelly Simpson

Beautiful shots of the Mexican seashore and river system, no?  Makes me sad.  And it's certainly not restricted to Mexico, although I did note when I was there that their litter problem was significant.  Nonetheless, the plastics problem is everywhere.

Think about it ... next time you buy something in a plastic bottle (and I buy this stuff, too) ... do you really NEED what you're buying?  And if you do, is there a non-plastic alternative that you could use?

None of us needs to be perfect.  We just need to be aware and think about it.  Even one less bottle makes a difference.

1 comment:

  1. That makes me so sad... I wonder if we would think differently about single use plastics if they weren't recyclable? Even though many communities in the world don't have access to recycling.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.