Sunday, January 22, 2012

Repost - Idiot's Delight

Many years ago I made a sterling silver necklace for myself. It's an old Byzantine design called "Idiot's Delight". I never used to wear it much because I thought it was a little too fancy for regular wear - until someone told me that I might think that way, but nobody else did. So I started wearing it more.

Then last fall, someone commented on it and I said something like: "thanks, I made it." And then she asked if I could make her one Well, last fall was busy, but I told her I could handle it after Christmas and here we are. I bought the silver on Saturday and started in on it day before yesterday.

It starts like this:


And then turns to this:


And then turns into this (magically):


It takes some time, but not as bad as I remember. I've got about 6 inches done so far.

I enjoy this chain-mail stuff. It's fun!

I will take orders if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.