Saturday, March 17, 2012

And so it starts ... or continues. The Garden Thing

Being a gardener really brings the cycles of the circle into focus.  I think of starting the first things as "starting" ... the beginning.  But it really isn't.  It's just the next step in the seasonal round that we live through constantly.  The seed is the end of last year's harvest.  The last thing you dry out so you can start it all again in the spring.  But without last year, you wouldn't have this one.  And without the winter break, seed starting would be less sweet. 

As I mentioned the other day, I started my tomato seeds.  What I didn't mention is that after about 3 years of using the greenhouse, it needed a little repair - and I didn't realize it until I had it all put together.  So I got creative in my mending technique: 


And something else decided to be in the little window greenhouse, too ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.