Friday, March 9, 2012

Jewellery Course

For those of you who live in my area, and you know who you are, I'm putting on a jewellery making course through the Wetaskiwin Allied Arts and Craft Centre. 

It's a one-day workshop on May 19 from 10am to 4pm.  Scheduled so as to not cut into planting time at the end of the month!

I'm not entirely sure what we are going to get done in a day as I have not done a workshop before, but at the very least we'll make a couple pairs of earrings and I'll show you techniques for how to make bracelets and necklaces.

I don't have a whole lot of relevant photos, but here are three pairs of earrings I just happen to have at home:


I will have Swarovski crystal beads, semi-precious stones and glass beads that you can choose from, and I will be able to sell round-nosed pliers and a small file to those who don't already have them.

Not sure yet if we'll use sterling silver or a silver-coated copper wire for the course (sterling is quite expensive right now), but I'll certainly be able to point people in the direction of suppliers of sterling if they want to continue on after the workshop.

You can leave a message here if you want more information or you can call the Arts Club at 780-352-8827 or 780-313-4044.  I think I limited the number to 10 for my first workshop.  I might be able to do another in the fall if there is enough interest in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.