Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rest ... and tomatoes

It's been a really rough few weeks.  On many levels.  I haven't been writing much because I really don't think you guys need to hear the same crap over and over from me. 

But this time of year is never great for we, the emotionally-challenged (a build-up of the lack of sunshine over the winter months).  And then we were having school troubles with our son - which, because of my mood troubles became much worse than they needed to be.  And I took my husband down with me - I really try not to do that, but it happened this time.  I HATE affecting other people with it.

Our house has been a ball of stress for, like (yes, I just said "like"), a month.  It's not good for ANY of us.  So today I did something that I absolutely HATE to do.  I told a client (and friend) that it would be difficult for me to finish a small job I had committed to doing.  That goes against the grain for me.  I don't like doing that.  If I commit to something, I DO it.  But something had to give.  My husband was about to explode, the house is a mess, the child needs extra attention, and I simply need a rest.  The mere fact of having work that needs to be done (no matter how little) causes me to stress out until it is done.  Bad work habit - not healthy - I need to get that under control - but for now, that's what happens.

I'll be able to work again in a few weeks, but I seriously need to get the house under control, get everybody back on an even keel and ... just ... rest. 

On another note, if you are starting tomatoes from seed, you need to plant them.  Did mine today.  Decided this year to start seedlings in cardboard egg cartons.  I'll let you know if it works or turns into a wet papery mess.

2 comments:

  1. Love you, my friend. I'm sorry you've had a tough month. *this too shall pass*. I think we are all ready for the growing season. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl - you are cared for, and remember that a lot of us are tired, grey and fighting hard just to care at this point - I just came out of it a little a week ago.... Spring will tell! You're a great human, your man and child will forgive you ( though the child will take longer, ;-} ) and the garden will do well again...... Peace, girl....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.