Saturday, April 28, 2012

Silent Times

Alright ... so I've been quiet this month.  That's how the blog seems to go.  I go through periods where I have the time and need to write.  And then I go through periods where I just don't.  So I guess this has been one of those.

It's been busy, these past few weeks.  But I can't tell you what I've been busy with.  Just life, I guess.  Although some of my time this week has been taken up reading "The Hunger Games."  Now I know what the fuss is all about.  I'm about half way through the 2nd book, and I'm thoroughly enjoying them.  (And I've had a cold - but it hasn't actually slowed me down much).

My time has also, as it is at this time of the year, been taken up with plants.  But not as passionately as in past years.  Perhaps I know what I'm doing and don't stress about the plants now.  Or it's just not a year where I feel as compelled.  I'm not sure which it is, but I'll let you know if I figure it out.  Today I was transplanting seedlings into larger pots.  I've been doing a bit of that here and there and today was more.  These ones were done a couple of weeks ago.  Soon enough they'll be huge plants in the garden - Nature is amazing!



I had planned on cleaning the house today.  My two men are out of town for the weekend and I have some good alone time.  Perfect for cleaning.  So I started in the kitchen.  As I was sweeping the floor, I looked under the cabinets and decided that today would be a good day to do some trim on the tile floor we put in last summer.  This seems to be the way I take on tasks.  No planning, just a mid-task change of mind and then I start working on it.  Well, it needed to be done.  I can clean (and grout) tomorrow:



One tip I'd share about tiling:  seal your grout.  I didn't.  And now our lovely grout is all stained.  I'll have to dig it out and re-do it, and it would have been much easier just to seal it.  My fault.  I was instructed.  Just didn't get around to it (neither did my husband!).  If anyone has tips for cleaning light-coloured grout, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.