Friday, September 28, 2012

Weight - Week 3

Alright - so here we are - 3 weeks in ... and 4 pounds lost (today on the scale I was 143.0).  It's less than I'd hoped for, but as I've said all along, it's in the right direction and I'm feeling good about it.  I entered all the times I've stepped on the scale this year into a table (granted, there were some months I got on almost every day and others where I weighed myself twice - but it's shows a general pattern):
 
 

The start of this weight loss project is that last peak at 147.  So this week and right now I weigh less than I have all year.  Yay!  But I can see from this graph that I have had a tendency to be within the four pounds between 143 and 147 - so I don't see myself as out of the proverbial woods yet.  I could very easily slip back into old patterns and I don't want to!

This week I only spent 275 minutes on the bike - down from the first week at 310 and the second week at 311.  So I need to concentrate on doing a little better there. 

I have to admit that I have broken the "diet" a few times.  Just yesterday I bought a big chocolate bar and split it with my husband.  I certainly DO eat when stressed.  And I guess I have to figure that out.  Why eat when stressed??  I'm sure I can find information on the Internet about that!  Because I am well aware that I am not the only one.  That part of it is not about losing weight - it's about discovering my relationship with food and why I eat certain things at certain times.  And what I can do to stop that.

Anyhow, that's the journey this week. 

Downwards and Upwards!

(by the way, my eye is still itchy and red!  Hope it goes away soon!!)



Post Script - a friend of mine shared this link with me on Facebook explaining stress and eating.  Thanks for that, P!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.