Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Breaking the 142 barrier

Well, I've been quiet on the weight front this week because I had a set-back.  Seems the Thanksgiving week away did more damage to my weight-loss attempts than I first realized.

Because I didn't gain any weight that week, I subconsciously gave my self permission to eat again.  I guess my body figured that if I could eat like that and not gain weight in a week, then I could continue on the same pattern.  That, and I was back at home near the kitchen and no longer out and about and walking around.

Anyhow, the scale started to creep up again - ever so subtly.  It went back up above 143, which I wasn't happy with.  So I brought my behaviour back to my consciousness and got back on the diet wagon.  This morning, I am happy to announce that I was 141.4 on the scale.  The lowest I've been in probably a year and a half. 

I can feel it now.  My clothes fit better.  Funny how 5 or 6 pounds can make a difference, but they do.  I wanted to be further along, but I really can't complain. 

I have been coming down with a cold, and I fully believe that the immune system is tied directly to the digestive system (there's actually quite a bit of evidence for this if you look it up), so as the old adage goes:  "Starve a fever, feed a cold".  However, I am feeding the cold fresh made juice, soups and smoothies.  No sugar, few grains.  Shouldn't affect the weight loss (I hope).  But more important than losing weight before our trip is to be healthy for it!!

I also don't exercise when I'm sick.  I'm already dead tired, so putting more on my body in that way just seems silly.  I'll let you know how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.