Sunday, November 11, 2012

Back to the Weight Issue

Let me just say this - if I were you guys I wouldn't want to come back time and again to hear someone talk about losing a few pounds and the struggles involved - the struggles are very repetitive.  I would find it somewhat whiny and boring, I think. 

But here's the problem, unless there is a specific, immediate health problem involved, I find it hard to have the motivation to change my habits - therefore I have to be accountable to something larger than my flawed self.  I am accountable to myself through this blog which is somewhat public - although most of you are my friends.  This seems to be enough to make myself think twice about eating - something I haven't been doing this past week after getting home. 

Being cooped up and somewhat bored because of the snow and cold in a house full of food doesn't help, either.

Having been away from home for almost 2 weeks really got me back into bad habits.  I am wanting to eat all the time again.  It didn't take long for good motivation to fade away (after all the weight loss was going to be for the trip that I am now home from).  So here I am admitting that I've been eating lots of candy and cookies and ice cream.  And I need to stop  ...  NOW!

Friends of mine have been doing the Paleo Diet.  I might look into that.  I'll let you know.  Of the 17 titles available on the library website, not one is available right now.  That has to tell you something.

Anyhow, thanks for reading and keeping me accountable.  I hope I don't become too repetitive and whiny.  And I hope my struggles help someone else out there know they are not alone and that if I can do it, they can, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.