Monday, December 24, 2012

Knitting

Every year since my son started kindergarten, my mother has knit items for every child in his class.  She has done scarves a couple of times, mitts and touques.  The kids always seem to enjoy getting them. 

This year she knit scarves out of variegated wool (multicoloured).  I didn't know how well they would go over, but the scares were a smash hit.  Three scarves were single coloured, and the one girl who picked a green one, changed her mind and went for a variegated one. 

Three of the scarves went to the Mitten Tree at the United Church, and a few more will go to friends of ours who have 6 children and can always use extra.

Here are the kids in his class saying thank-you.

You know, I was about to upload a video of the children saying thank you to my Mom, but now that I think of it, that might not be a good idea.  I didn't get permission from their parents.  Let's just say that the kids said "Merci" and all looked really cute.

Disturbing as it may be, here is a picture with the faces blacked out - sorry, I couldn't figure out how to make them a more reasonable colour, but you can see the scarves.  Just imagine it's a video and they are saying thank you:


It was pajama day at school, BTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.