Saturday, January 5, 2013

Post-Christmas Weight

Meant to post something about this yesterday as I was kind of using Friday mornings as my time to post about weight, but I forgot.  Perhaps I should do a post about how my memory is failing me!

Anyhow, I was afraid that with all the chocolate and crap food I ate over the holidays, that I would gain a few pounds back.  But as of yesterday morning, I am 140.6 pounds.  I was 140 on November 29th.  I think I did okay.

And now back to trying to get under and stay under 140.  My best strategy is still to not eat until noon - and then to not eat after supper (I type as I munch on a banana at 8:10pm - I don't stick to it completely).  It really is quantity (quality matters, too, but for me I have to control the amount).

Still trying for 30-45 minutes of exercise every day.  And I've committed to doing a little bit of yoga every day in January.  Really ... a little bit.  I hurt my shoulder about 8 months ago, and a little is all it will take.  But that's better than none!

I have found that a good way to stay focused is to read about food.  Much like watching an episode of "Hoarders" can get me moving on de-cluttering the house, reading about healthy eating helps me get motivated with food.  I am not perfect all the time - not even close - but I try.  I have been reading (just typed "eating" and had to erase it!) a book called "Eat for Life".  It's mostly about how we need to eat more vegetables and fruits.  The author is very pro-vegetarian.  I'm not vegetarian (because I like to eat meat, but I respect and understand the moral aspects of vegetarianism and eat far less meat than I used to), but a lot of what he says makes perfect sense.  And it encourages me to do better.

On the meat issue  - I find now that if I eat a large amount of meat at once, I feel horrible afterwards. 

Well, it's time to go watch an episode of "Digging for the Truth" with my son and husband.  Archaeology TV - love it! 

Hope you all have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.