Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Snowy drive

This isn't a post about anything, really.  I just had a couple of observations driving 10 minutes to work on the highway here in Central Alberta this morning.

I realized that if I saw on the news what I was seeing through the windshield, I would cringe - but it has now become normal for me living here.  Driving with blowing snow, well, it's part of the gig.

I realized that snow blowing on the highway looks like the vapour that comes off of dry ice.

And I realized as I drove over a little bridge, that the air currents made the snow blow over the railing like the curl of a good surfing wave.

I wish I had pictures, but that would truly be unsafe.

Just little observations from the frozen north.  But, hey, I'm not going to complain today.  We had a high of -13C - in other parts of Canada, highs were in the -20s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.