Sunday, March 10, 2013

Stress Eating

I know so many people deal with this issue -- I'm a stress eater.  When things are going along tickety-boo, I am pretty good (not great), and can manage to eat good food and less of it. 

This week, though, we had a rough one.  My husband is a manager.  And this week he's having to deal with a nasty situation at work. 

Nothing that really directly effects work - no one has stolen anything, screwed up operations or anything like that.  But two people have put their work lives and their personal lives in the balance. 

So the stress comes home.  And it effects all of us here.  Our child has been crying more - you can tell the stress is hurting him.  And I'm eating (and crying once in a while) and will likely have to rely on my pills.

It is quite telling, though, that when things get tough, I want to eat chips, ice cream and chocolate.  And I really don't want to eat salad.  I should, but I really don't want to.  And I don't want to cook.  And good food takes time.

Like I said, lots of people out there have the same problem - eating when stressed.  I just have to figure out another way of dealing with this.  Because food can't be the answer.  I wish we could make it so that other people's problems didn't affect us so much here at home.  If we ever figure that one out, I'll let you know - but we're a high anxiety lot, and we care about people and don't want to see them fail.  But until I get that solved, I need to find another outlet for my stress. 

Too bad I hate exercising so much - I do it, but I hate it.  I'll let you know if I find another answer - all I know is that it won't be easy - if it was, I'd have figured it out by now.  As a matter of fact, reaching for food (or alcohol, or shopping, or whatever you vice is) is the easy answer.  The other stuff .... well, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.