Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weight of the World

For as long as I can remember, I have held a lot of my stress and tension between my shoulder blades.  It's been particularly bad the past couple of months. 

If I think of it metaphorically, the shoulders, the mid-back, would be sore from holding the weight of the world.  Which I do.  I worry about the world and think that there are very easy answers for fixing what I think is wrong.  If only everyone would do things the way I do (or at least the way I think they should - not necessarily the way I actually do them - because I'm not perfect), we'd be okay.

But here's the thing.  I'm not "important" (on a global scale, I certainly am not - I know I'm important to a lot of people, but that's on a small scale - and I'm okay with that) - I do not have enough influence or power to change how people do things.  So to carry that weight on my shoulders is pointless.  I cannot change the world.  I can only change myself..

So that's the answer to a lot of what I worry about - change what I do.  Do the best that I can.  And try to ignore the things I see going on around me that seem so unfair or ridiculous.

If I can live that way, can I get the pain in my back to get better?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.