Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Untold Stories

There is something I've learned from having a blog.  There are stories I cannot tell.  There are life lessons I've learned that I simply cannot write about.

It's not because I don't want to.  I desperately want to tell people about a couple of specific things I have learned about myself - why I have acted certain ways - why I am who I am.  But I can't tell the stories because I would hurt other people's feelings.

I want to tell my truth.  But the sad fact is that in telling my truth, I am telling someone else's truth that they don't yet want to face, and certainly don't want me telling.  And in doing that I would hurt people's feelings.  And I don't want to do that.

As a matter of fact, I question whether I should publish this post - for fear that someone might think it's them that I'm talking about.

So the truth that I want to share, that might help some other people (maybe, but it sounds egocentric!), must stay with me until such a time as it can be shared.

I find it frustrating, but I can't force other peoples' journeys.  Well, I could, but then I would have to deal with the repercussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.