Thursday, July 4, 2013

Lies!!

Hmmm .... it feels like absolutely FOREVER since I wrote a post.  Sorry about that.

There are a couple of possible reasons for that.  Either I've not been bothered by anything and I haven't been able to think of anything to write, or I've been in a bit of a slump and haven't felt like writing.

Honestly, I can't tell you which it is.

I haven't been feeling completely happy, but haven't been feeling actively UNHAPPY, either.  Just kind of here.  Just kind of existing.  It's fine.  I'm fine.  Nothing dramatic either way.

Well, one thing did happen the other day that bothered me a bit, and I mulled over it for a while.  And here it is.

I posted this meme on Facebook the other day:


And one of the nicest people I know commented something along the lines of "why does everyone have to be so negative"?  I really respect her, so it hurt a bit that she took it as negative - although I totally understand why she did.

Let me explain myself and my desire to post this particular meme.

For most of my life I've been a bit of a pit bull when it comes to facts.  If I was talking with someone who told a "fact" that I disagreed with, I'd challenge them on it.  I wasn't always right.  And even when I was, people don't like being told they are wrong.  I've learned over the years that making sure everyone tells the "true facts" is not necessarily a way to win friends and influence people.  So I'm kind of proud of the fact that I no longer have to correct everyone.  I've found that control in myself.  That was my main motivation in posting the meme.  I can see where other people wouldn't take that away from it, but that's the chord it struck in me.

And here's the other thing - I've been learning that a whole lot of people tells lies - but mostly they are lies they tell themselves.  I don't know too many people who tell outright lies just to try and fool people or to be mean, most people who lie are simply not telling themselves the truth.  These are the most damaging lies you can tell, of course.  To me, it seems the only way to live life is to be as honest as possible.  I'm not sure if most people are trying to live that way or not.  All I know is that a lot of people I've run across in this lifetime are trying to live a life they think other people will like them for, not the life they really want to live.

So I didn't post it to say that everyone is a liar and I can tell.  I really posted it for different reasons.  Sometimes electronic media does not get the point across the way it is intended.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.