Friday, July 5, 2013

The Calgary Zoo

I lived in Calgary for 4 1/2 years.   After two years, I gave birth to my son at the Rockyview Hospital in Calgary.  My son and I spent a whole lot of time at the Calgary Zoo.  I got to know the animals - saw a lot of them.  They helped me through a very challenging time.

Well, after June 20 this year (2013), the Calgary Zoo flooded badly along with a good deal of Calgary, High River, Canmore and other communities.  The zoo is located on an island in the Bow River.  A lot of their infrastructure ended up under water.

The zoo needs help.  If you feel so inclined, please donate some money to help them get back on their feet.  I know there are a lot of ethical concerns regarding zoos, but what it comes down to right now is that there are animals and people who need help getting things back to being comfortable.

You can donate here:  http://calgaryzoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.