Monday, September 9, 2013

A Good Cause

I used to work for Prewitt and Associates in Austin, Texas.  Elton Prewitt was my boss, and he was great.  I owe him and the company a lot.  I had a great two years there and I learned SO MUCH!!

So because I love him and feel he is doing and has done incredible work in Texas archaeology, I am sharing with you a call for donations to try and match funds with a grant they can receive.  If you can, please donate a few dollars to the Shumla Archaeological Research and Education Center.  I know they are doing wonderful things there and can do even more.

Just go to:  http://www.shumla.org and click the "donate" button.

And please share this post with your friends (share it on Facebook, or send the link to this blog post via e-mail).  If we each just donate a few dollars and share the news, then they should be able to reach their goal.  Let's all help to educate students about archaeology - and help fund archaeology research in Texas!



BTW - archaeology, being a very broad discipline, is one of the best teaching tools out there.  I've used it as such a lot in my career and think it is really important that it be done well.  So anyone who is cultivating that education tool, in my mind, deserves some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.