Monday, October 27, 2014

The Shooter in Ottawa

How can I be a blogger and a Canadian and not comment on the events of last Wednesday (October 22, 2014) in Ottawa?

Well, I had planned on writing about it - I had several paragraphs written and erased them.  It was a horrible event - especially for the soldier who was killed and the families of those affected.  And it was a bit of a shocking day for Canada.

But I don't have it in me.  I don't want to rant about it.  I don't want to go on about the ins and outs of it.

Why?  Because I'd like to focus on the positive things in the world.  For the moment, I don't want to focus on the negative.

There is a lot of bad news out there.  What we focus on become bigger.  So let's focus on the good in our lives.  I have a lot of GREAT in my life.  So I'm going to focus on that and try to not ruminate on the bad.

Go out there and have a wonderful day.  Enjoy the sun, wind, rain, or snow - depending on where you are.  Acknowledge the changing of the seasons, the taste of your food, the hugs of your family.  Appreciate the air we breathe and the blessing that is just being alive.

Blessings to you all.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.