Granola Recipe

The plastic bags in the cereal boxes bother me.  So one way to reduce our use of them is to make my own granola.  Best if you can get the ingredients from a bulk place and take your own containers - I do for a lot of my stuff  - I'm not perfect, but I'm trying - and aparently I am only one of two people in our town that DOES bring my own containers to Nutters :( 

4 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup coconut (medium, unsweetened)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon gound nutmeg
1/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup honey
raisins
any other dried fruit youd like to add

1.  Preheat oven to 300 F (150C).  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.  In a large bowl, mix the oats, almonds, ground flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut in a bowl.  Add cinnamon and nutmeng - stir well.  Add the olive oil and stir well again.  Then add the honey and mix until it is well distrubuted amongst the dry ingredients.  Pour the batch onto the cookie sheet and press down all over with a spoon (if you wet it with water, it won't stick so badly).
3.  Bake 20 minutes at 300F, then 20 more minutes at 200F - then turn the oven off and leave the granola in there until it is cool. 
4.  Break the granola into pieces and mix with dried fruit.  Store in an air-tight container.

Comments

  1. Yum! I think I'm going to give this a try Sandi! Alva

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Titanic Connections

Flea Beetles! ... and leaf miners.

Recipes from the summer of '35