Help for Joplin

I'm pleased to announce that I have joined with a group of other crafters for an online auction through Bigger Picture Blogs to support the Salvation Army in relief aid to Joplin Missouri.

One of their bloggers lives in Joplin and they wanted to help the community out.  I saw that another blogger I follow had donated some jewellery to the cause and I e-mailed to see if I could, too.

They are putting up several items for auction - a new one every hour for the next two days.  I really don't know when mine will be up there, but please check out their site, pass the URL on to other people and donate if you feel the need. 

I'm going to make another of the green dragonflies for them.


Having lived in Texas, and through a much milder storm that produced 13 tornados back in 1997, I understand the fear and destruction that can occur with smaller tornados.  I have no concept of the size this one must have been, nor the fear and destruction that happened in those few minutes.

We have so much, they now have so little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titanic Connections

Flea Beetles! ... and leaf miners.

Recipes from the summer of '35